Czy widzieliście film "Alike"? To bardzo wzruszająca animacja o tym, jak często tracimy radość z codzinnych drobnych spraw i jesteśmy wtłoczeni w rutynowe zadania.
W animacji nie pada żadne słowo, ale mimo to jest bardzo wymowna w przekazie. Film jest dobry dla młodzieży i dorosłych, nawet poziomy A2 poradzą sobie z większością zadań. Zapraszam Was do obejrzenia filmu i wykorzystania go na lekcji.
1. Write names of colours on the board (yellow, blue, red, green). Ask students what the meanings of these colours are, e.g. yellow is usually associated with happiness and optimism, red is associated with love and passion. (5 minutes)
2. Tell your students they are going to see an animation film, but don’t reveal the title (you have to be careful not to show the title of the animation while playing the film). Distribute worksheets, each student receives one worksheet. They have to watch the film and answer the questions about their character. Student A answers questions about the yellow character (the son) and student B answers questions about the blue character (the father). Play the film until 05:30. (8 minutes)
3. Students work in pairs (student A and student B), they talk about their characters and exchange the information they have gathered. Ask students to discuss the meanings of colours in the film, focus on yellow, blue, red and grey. Then students share their ideas. (6 minutes)
4. Ask about the violinist. What is his role in the film? Why did he disappear? Start a short group discussion. (3 minutes)
5. Students continue working in pairs. They try to predict the end of the film. Tell students that in a moment they will see the end of the film which will last about 80 seconds. Students have to think what might happen in the film and then present their ideas. (15-20 minutes).
6. Play the rest of the film. Ask students how the film made them feel and what they think about the film. Ask students to write their reflections in notebooks or on separate pieces of paper which you will be able to collect. (10 minutes)
7. To finish ask your students to create the title of the film. Students can do it in pairs or individually. Write all the titles on the board. You can vote for the best one. Finally, reveal the title. (5 minutes)
HOMEWORK (optional): Ask students to choose a fragment of the film (90-120 seconds) and write a script for this fragment. During the next lesson play the fragments and students read their scripts.
Nazywam się Kasia. Od 14 lat uczę angielskiego. Szukam nowych wyzwań, dlatego ostatnio tworzę materiały, piszę artykuły, jestem mentorem na kursach internetowych dla nauczycieli, sprawdzam matury, piszę egzaminy gimnazjalne, organizuję projekty.